How we’ll make your journey on the Bure Valley Railway COVID-19 safe
• NO OVERCROWDING! We’re running more trains than usual
• KEEPING HOUSEHOLDS SEPARATE! You’ll collect a “boarding pass” for your own compartment that is separated from other households by see-through screens, and an empty compartment either side
• LOTS MORE CLEANING! Our coaches and other areas will be kept clean and sanitised throughout the day.
• HAND SANITISER available at Aylsham and Wroxham stations.
• OUR STAFF will use screens or a see-through face shield when serving you
We’re doing everything that can be done to make your visit safe and enjoyable. There are a few things you can do to help…
• If at all possible, BOOK IN ADVANCE ON THIS WEBSITE – we will be strictly limiting numbers on trains to maintain good social distancing at all times – and please also leave a “Comment” to say which train you would like to come back on.
• Please only book for a maximum of 6 people to adhere to the government guidelines.
• Children under 5 cannot be guaranteed an individual seat due to keeping households apart – if your under 5 must have their own seat guaranteed, please book as a child 5-15
• Tell us in advance if you need to travel in a wheelchair
• Follow the arrows and distancing markers around our stations
• Only travel on the train time and compartment shown on your boarding pass.
• Pay by card if you can (however small the amount)
• Don’t bring bicycles (Sorry, we can’t fit them in at the moment)
• Pushchairs - if you have to bring a pushchair, please ensure you can collapse it before boarding. It can be conveyed in the adjacent empty compartment.
• Our trains are classed as public transport – so we urge you to comply with the regulations by wearing a face covering on our platforms, but you may safely remove it on board trains, as we only place one household group in each separated compartment.