Book your school visit to the Bure Valley Railway!
What is the Bure Valley Railway?
The Bure Valley Railway is a heritage railway, with narrow gauge steam trains running between our Aylsham and Wroxham stations every day. The railway has been open as a tourist attraction since 1990 and welcomes over 100,000 visitors per year.
We offer a memorable and exciting, as well as an educational, day out for school children of all ages.
Managing Director Andrew Barnes has loved railways since childhood and he and our friendly, expert team are on hand to manage the visit and answer any questions your pupils may have.
What can we expect from our visit?
A visit to the Bure Valley Railway is an interesting, enjoyable and enriching experience for children of all ages.
Children (and their teachers!) can:
- Visit our workshops and locomotive sheds to find out how the railway works
- Ride on our steam train through the Norfolk countryside with their friends
- Enjoy refreshments and lunch in our Whistlestop Cafe in Aylsham, with indoor and outdoor seating space
- Learn about history, geography, science, engineering, sustainability and technology throughout their visit
- Immerse themselves in the history and workings of a beloved heritage railway
Our railway is also an excellent destination for children to learn about sustainability and environmentalism, as we’ve been recognised for our work in pioneering more sustainable fuels and are committed to preserving the local environment around our railway.
Your visit can be tailored to suit the ages of your group. Younger children can learn about railways and their history in Britain, and older children can learn about the engineering of steam trains and the science behind them.
- A day of enjoyable and educational activities led by experienced and knowledgeable staff
- Free parking, with plenty of space for coaches and minibuses
- Reduced rates
Contact us to discuss and for bespoke pricing for your school group
Telephone: 01263 733858
Contact us to discuss your specific requirements and for prices.Contact Us